Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

sentimental

I am just feeling so super sentimental right now.  Its incredible how amazing life is and how amazing progress is. Just wow.

My wonderful Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law are coming tomorrow to visit us in Rexburg.  Brantley and I decided that such an honored visit deserved a clean kitchen.  We started to sweep and clean while singing 80's songs from the movie Guardian's of the Galaxy. (we love that movie)  While I was finishing sweeping, I looked around. WE ARE SO AMAZINGLY BLESSED. When we were applying for apartments in Rexburg, our best bed was a tiny studio apartment for $550 a month, which, by the end of two semesters,  would be almost all of our pelgrant money, leaving us with very little wiggle room. The day we decided to sign with them, Brantley's friend from work offered us a room in his house in exchange for only 10 hours of work a week.  At the time, I realized it was a blessing and an amazing opportunity, but I never thought about how it was a DIRECT blessing from our Heavenly Father.  I am awed at this beautiful place we get to live for such a little sacrifice. It is amazing

Then, I looked on Facebook and saw one of my best friend's mom post a blog about her adventures as a missionary.  My friend, Sister Knapp, is serving a mission in Scottsdale, AZ.  She and I used to talk for hours about being missionaries and getting married. I skipped the mission and went straight for the marriage.  I am so proud of her for going and being such an amazing missionary.  I miss her so crazy much.  I read her blog post and bawled.  She has been an example to me for as long as I can remember. If anyone needs a spiritual uplift, click here to read her amazing testimony. 


After I started missing Savannah, I started realizing how much I missed Kansas and my parents and my brother. (I see my sister everyday but now I miss her too right now!-haha) I have been so blessed to be raised in such an amazing family.  Wow I love them! They are the perfect amount of goofy, humble, wonderful, and happy.  Its amazing how amazing they are! I miss my Freebys! 


I am grateful for a million other things: byui (I LOVE THAT PLACE) a wonderful new family, my incredible husband who would do anything for me, and just the fact that I have the gospel and I can look forward to being better as I go.  Life is a wonderful thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com