Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Insanity day 1

The fit test

Here we go: I got my water bottle and headband and I am ready for some insanity. I put the DVD in my computer and set it on our table in the living room. All of a sudden, this super intense music accompanies a ton of super hot people yelling and running in place like they were running toward the last ship off the titanic. All of a sudden this super huge guy comes to the camera and yells

"THIS IS INSANITY" 

Oh dear. 

It breaks and now the guy is smiling with two other super fit instructors.
"Hi I'm Shaun T, welcome"

Not sure what the "T" stands for

The fit test, as Shaun T explained, was to help track your progress over the 60 days of the program. 
A little more intimidated than before, I started the warm up.

Normally, I can do a workout warm up without too much difficulty, but as we started the second circuit of it, I was wheezing and drenched in sweat. 

Brantley And I did a few of these warm ups together after our honeymoon, but for some reason it was easier with him cause I was trying to impress him, but now it's just me, Shawn T and the stitch in my side. 

As we began the fit test, I realized quick that I wasn't "fit" according to these standards, but it did feel good to see that I could actually do what they were talking about, just not as many repetitions as the pros.

When we got through the whole test, it felt good! I felt empowered and like I was doing something right!

Then I took a nap.

DAY 1 DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com