Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Insanity- day 3

Cardio Power and Resistance

Wow!! This workout is awesome. It hurts and I hate it, but its awesome.

I did not want to do this today. like, at all.
I have been eating healthy for the past week, but I was strugglin not to eat a cookie this afternoon.
After some more Pinterest motivation I decided it was time.

When Shaun T started pumping us up, I was almost dreading it more.

The warm up was as hard as usual, but we did some new exercises that I really liked
When the work out started, I could feel tears coming.  It hurt so bad. The pain was not like a normal physical pain I usually feel when I work out, it was like an inner pain, almost like a combo of being scared and being sore.  That was a rough moment and I wanted to quit right there.  I even paused the video and sat down, discouraged.  I am no good at this.  Its hard and I don't want to do it.  And then I thought of my awesome mom who got up at like 4 in the morning to workout and then help me get ready for school with no complaints.  I thought of the person I want to be and how I want to feel good on the inside and the outside and I decided to try again.

It was still way hard but I realized it was hard for every one of those super fit people on the screen in the beginning, and they got better!

I will get better.

When we started the first few circuits, it hurt like crazy...but as we went to the second and third, I started focusing not on the pain but on my technique.  I stopped watching the models on the video and focused on me.

When the last set of Globe jumps came (This is an exercise where you squat to the floor and jump back, squat, jump forward, squat, jump right, squat and back again a million times) I was powered up! I was doing them and doing them well!

Then the very last exercise came: four deep squats jump back and do eight pushups.   I hate pushups.  When I jumped back, however, I did them! I did them all without my bum in the air.  I did them right and I felt awesome.

When it ended, I was happy I didn't give up in the beginning. I felt empowered and strong.  I look exactly the same, but I can feel myself getting stronger.  Wahoo!


this is  Shaun T. 
He yells at me to keep going and I'm grateful for it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com